The first step to start the Workplace journey is all about understanding your current situation. Are your colleagues logging into Workplace to check the latest internal news? Are they interacting on a regular basis with their team to collaborate with their teams and manage projects? Are they performing the necessary tasks for their daily job on Workplace?
Understanding your Starting Point
The best way to find out is to take a closer look at the type of communication that is the most prevalent in your Workplace community. They are two main type of communications:
- One-to-Many - Few people share information with an audience in a given group
- Many-to-Many - Several people post within a group
Most organisations start getting value out of Workplace early on thanks its broadcasting abilities (one-to-many communications). Many-to-many communications, on the other hand, mainly happen in later stages of the Workplace journey, when the maturity of the organisation allows for deeper collaboration.
Once you've identified your starting point, we recommend all Chief Workplace Officers to keep track of the following KPIs.
KPIs to Track
Tracking key performance indicators is a good habit to keep a Workplace community healthy. Here are the KPIs we recommend you to follow in order to measure the impact of your actions. Most of these are available in the Report section of your Company Dashboard.
Broadcast & Communication
- Claimed Accounts / Launched Members - How many people have claimed their accounts among the ones invited? Because Workplace is a social network, its value is directly correlated to the numbers of people connected to the platform. This metric is fundamental for Workplace adoption.
- Monthly Active People / Claimed Accounts - How many people are active every month among the people who claimed their accounts? This metric is the pulse of your community.
- Comments & Posts - How many posts and comments are being posted on Workplace? Content is key for Workplace to provide value to your organisation.
Teamwork & Project Collaboration
- Weekly Active People / Monthly Active People - Among the people using Workplace on a monthly basis, how many of them are connecting every week? This metric offers more granularity when measuring activity on the platform.
- Weekly Active People on Mobile / Weekly Active - Weekly active people using the mobile application among the weekly active people on Workplace. This metric allows you to track the adoption of the applications and correlate that with activity rates.
- Weekly Active People on Chat / Weekly Active - Weekly active people using the Workplace Chat application among weekly active people on Workplace. Tracking this ratio is a good way to measure the adoption of chat in your organisation.
Automating Daily Workflow
- Number of Integrations Activated - How many integrations have been activated in your Workplace Community? Following the number of integrations activated gives you a good idea of how many workflows are being automated or facilitated thanks to Workplace.
- Bot Messages / Bot Activated - How many messages/posts/comments are posted by each bot. This metric allows you to keep track of a given bot's adoption.