We recommend that you create at least 3-5 Groups in your Workplace before you launch. Then you can encourage everyone to create Groups for their needs once you've launched.
Learn how to create a Group, and be sure to read more about:
Types of Groups
You can choose between five different types of Groups depending on how you plan to use each of them. With the exception of Multi-company Groups, they all have the same features.
It's important to remember that people outside of your organization can join the Multi-company Groups that you create, and you have the option to turn them on or off for your organization in your Company Dashboard.
Use this guide to help you plan your Groups and determine how you'll use each of your Groups.
Here are few example Groups that we typically recommend to organizations as a start:
- [Your Organization's Name] FYI - Move company-wide email communications to an FYI Group. Keep everyone updated and informed about the latest announcements or updates in your organization. You can also create an FYI Group for each location or office you have, if applicable.
- [Your Organization's Name] Social - Create a space dedicated to social discussions and building your company culture.
- [Team/Project] Group - Create a Group for each of the teams in your organization, which allow them to communicate regularly, manage projects, and stay updated in between meetings.
- Industry News – Keep track of press in the news about their industry and their competitors.
Set up your Groups
Once you've created your Groups, it's important to set them up and add enough relevant content to let everyone know what the Group is for and how they can participate in it.
- Upload a cover photo to customize your Group
- Create a pinned post to let everyone know what it's for and to set expectations.
- Learn how to format your posts
Invite employees to your Groups
You can add people to your Groups before you invite them to your Workplace so that there's relevant content in the News Feed when they log in for the first time.
Bulk Import Group Members
You can also bulk import members to your Groups if you'll be adding many employees. Here's a quick video to show you how to do this.