- Prepare a succinct business case for why you need Workplace now
- Help executives become familiar and comfortable with the platform by coaching them and providing support resources
- Give them simple steps to take but emphasize their impact on a successful launch
How to get executives engaged?
1) Business Case
The first thing is to explain to executives the changes that are happening in the world regarding macroeconomic factors, industry, competition, etc. Are we sure as a company that we have what it takes to innovate and stay ahead or relevant in the next 10 years?
Workplace helps with two key areas:
- Adapting to the modern Workplace
- Allowing companies to work better together
You can use the content on the documents below to create your own storyline that resonates with your organization but the main goal is to secure the support from your executives to communicate on Workplace only following the launch.
The second thing is walk Executives through Workplace and its key features. You want your executives to feel confident with the platform and ready to engage as soon as launch happens. Some Executives are more social than others so your coaching plan should be tailored to them but look to cover the below points:
- Walk through key Workplace features for executives
- Downloading Workplace and Work Chat and post on their executive team group
- Their role as leaders before launch, during launch week and beyond (live with employees, welcome video, sourcing ideas, etc.)
The Executive Resources section contains several materials that may be helpful as your prepare your executive coaching.