- Ensure a successful launch by identifying your organisation's goals rolling out Workplace, following a proven process and measuring the transformation in the organisation
- Select a cross-functional project team that can tackle each of the Five Pillars of Success
- Measure a baseline for the key success metrics before starting the transformation, to demonstrate the value brought by Workplace
Launching Workplace is easy and really exciting because your company will transform the way they work. However, much like any other change vision, process and measurements are required to ensure the biggest success.
The Workplace launch methodology is easy to follow and ensures that your launch will be highly engaging and drive results for your organization.
- Your Organizational Goals and Workplace
- The Five Pillars of Success
- Measuring Workplace Success
1. What are your goals for launching Workplace?
Before launching Workplace it is important to be clear as to what your organization is trying to achieve.What critical goals or initiatives will Workplace empower within your organization?
Typically our customers have goals that are aligned to:
- Digital Transformation.This is accomplished by leveraging the most engaging, mobile and faster tools that digitalize your employee and customer journeys.
- Employee Engagement. This is accomplished with deeper employee connections, transparency given from leadership and pride of working at the organization.
- Higher Returns. This is accomplished with faster decision making, knowledge sharing across regions, clarity of goals and vision.
2. The Five Pillars of Success
The methodology to launch Workplace is based on Five Pillars of Success that should be completed within 30-60 days to create e a self-sustaining and thriving community for your launch. Each of this pillars is explained in detail in the main sections on our Transformation Centre.
It's important you have your dream team on hand to ensure a successful Workplace launch. Gather the following recruits to lead your Workplace Transformation journey before you get started:
- Executive Sponsor: Drive program buy-in and direction from the top of the organization.
- Project Manager: Manage end-to-end project. Coordinate resources during implementation.
- IT Lead: Import all employees and integrate with identity provider/SSO if applicable. Simplify your organizations' processes via bots and integrations.
- Internal Communication Lead: Plan and execute a multichannel communication strategy to drive excitement and engagement.
- Champions and Influencers: Shape community and content in preparation for launch and be platform advocates. To find out more about Champions click here.
The below timeline illustrates the implementation flow successful organizations use to launch Workplace. The pillars can be completed faster or slower based on your organizational culture but it is important to complete all the pillars.
Tip: Once you invite your champions to join Workplace be careful not to keep them in the platform for longer than 4 weeks without inviting the rest of your organization to avoid loss of momentum.
3. Measuring Workplace Success
The value you achieve from your Workplace Transformation is a journey and different value will be realized based on the maturity stage of your community:
- Connecting Stage. Employees understand how they and other teams fit within the organization.
- Sharing Stage. Teams surface information that is relevant to other areas. Employees learn from the wider organization and silos begin breaking apart
- Solving Stage. Employees can begin solving company challenges by collaborating cross-functionality. Companies experience quicker responses and more efficient communication
- Innovating Stage. Employees understand how the and other teams add value to the company working cross-functionally. Idea generation begins to spout for cost savings, better customer service, new products, etc.
The below image highlights the metrics (available on your Company Dashboard) that indicate at which stage of your transformation journey you are at.
Tip: Some teams will reach the Innovating Stage faster than others. Leverage their stories and results to inspire the slower teams to move through the maturity journey.
Are you inspired yet?
We are too! We are passionate about seeing the value realized of our customers that reach the Innovation Stage using Workplace. To celebrate that, the Facebook team has created two awards that are given to organizations that achieve the Innovation Stage. Learn more about the Digital Visionary and Transformed Workplace awards here.