Anghami on Workplace: Tuning in to a more transparent culture
Anghami is the first company to provide a legal streaming service in the Middle East and North Africa. With over 35 million users, it’s the region’s leading music streaming platform.
Middle East and North Africa
Improve transparency and communication within the company
- 99% of employees use Workplace
- 67% decrease in outgoing emails per day
“As we grew, Workplace helped us break down silos and reignite our culture of transparency.”
- Elie Habib, co-founder, Anghami
STORY: TRANSFORMING THE WAY YOU WORK
Since going live in 2012 Anghami has grown rapidly, gaining over 30 million users and building a library of 20 million songs.
As the company expanded, it was keen to maintain a culture of transparency but found it increasingly difficult to assemble the 69 employees in the same physical space.
When Anghami discovered that some employees felt there was a lack of openness within the business, it decided to set up an online space for everyone to share and discuss ideas. This is where Workplace came in.
HOW WORKPLACE HELPED
- Firstly, Workplace groups were created for teams and projects. Employees and team leaders began to set up their own groups focused on specific features, ideas and discussion topics.
- There is always new music being released that Anghami needs to promote. Employees can highlight new tracks in the library, notify the right teams and create actions to be followed through.
- Work Chat allows for seamless messaging & communication across Anghami’s four regional offices.
- Live Video allows more employees to engage with events, from big company meetings to team breakfasts.
- Reports and notifications that were historically read by a select few are now accessible to many, so everyone can learn and contribute.
- Employees react to Workplace notifications faster than emails. When emails are sent there is a shorter waiting time for replies.
- The ability to use markdown in posts has proved extremely useful to Anghami's technical team, who often share code on Work Chat.
- Workplace enables Anghami's people to securely access corporate data when out of the office.
By streamlining communication processes, Anghami has increased productivity with Workplace. Now that the majority of employees communicate on Work Chat, there are more vacant meeting rooms than ever and the number of outgoing emails has decreased by 67%.
Today, 99% of the company engages with Workplace, and day-to-day interactions have increased as a result. Anghami has noticed that introverted team members now participate more freely in discussions, and employees have even started their own social groups.
Crucially, Anghami’s initial goal of regaining their open, start-up culture has been achieved. (579)